Editor-in-Chief: The Honourable The Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon
Arbitration has over recent years become the preferred mode of dispute resolution among parties entering into cross-border transactions, providing a flexible and efficient mechanism for the resolution of disputes between parties from different legal and cultural backgrounds. As Singapore continues to grow and position itself as a centre for dispute resolution, not only locally and regionally, but also internationally as a centre of arbitration and mediation excellence, arbitration has thus become one of the fastest growing areas of law in this country.
Arbitration in Singapore: A Practical Guide is a comprehensive how-to text guide written by the practitioners for practitioners. The book discusses the role of the Singapore court during and after arbitration, providing guidance on when the court can intervene in proceedings, enforce, and entertain a challenge to an award. Each stage of arbitration is explained clearly, from the appointment of the tribunal and its powers, to the relief and remedies it may award. It covers the key features of arbitration agreements and examines the subject through expert commentary and analysis.
- Essential tool for anyone involved in an international or domestic arbitration in Singapore
- Total reliability that comes with succinct and in-depth chapters.
- This work brings together the law and practice of arbitration in Singapore under and in connection with regulatory frame works most commonly used.
Taking a practitioner approach, this book builds on the strength of the exceptional guidance from The Honourable the Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon as the Editor-in-Chief, and Denis Brock as the General Editor, and benefits from the contributions of a team of Contributors who are leading experts and practitioners in the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution from local and international law firms.
1. Overview of Arbitration
2. Role of Court
3. The Main Features of Arbitration
4. Domestic and International Arbitration Framework in Singapore
5. Conflicts of Law and Issues in Arbitration
6. The Arbitration Agreement
8. Commencement of Arbitration
10. The Proceedings
11. Interlocutory Applications
12. Arbitration Awards
13. Recognition & Enforcement of the Arbitral Award
14. Challenge of Arbitral Award
15. Construction Arbitration
16. Intellectual Property Arbitration
17. Domain Name Dispute Resolution
18. Shipping & International Trade Disputes
19. Oil & Gas Arbitration
20. Investment Protection and International Dispute Resolution