By Willie Cheng, Lim Kien Thye, Jeffrey Chan, Ang Soon, Christine Koh, Phang Hsiao Chung, Ang Yong Tong, Edna Reid & Lo Yoong Khong
This book is a joint publication by SITDRAC (Singapore IT Dispute Resolution Advisory Committee) and Butterworths Asia. This publication is the first of its kind and it aims to assist professionals involved in the IT industry to manage and resolve disputes arising from technology transactions. It is also useful reading for anyone who wants to obtain a better understanding of IT disputes and the methods available for resolving them.
Written by leaders in the IT and legal communities in Singapore, it covers:
- an overview of why and how IT disputes arise and provides a dispute resolution model;
- psychological contracting and how IT disputes can be avoided;
- legal aspects of IT contracts from both private and public sector perspectives;
- effective resolution through mediation and arbitration; and
- a historical summary of the Y2K issue.
- Avoiding Legal Minefields in IT Contracts
- Managing Government IT Contracts
- Psychological Contracting in IT Contracts
- Resolving Disputes by Mediation
- Resolving Disputes by Arbitration
- The Year 2000 (Y2K) Problem: Chronological Study