Editor: Gerald B. Greenwald
"This is an important book clarifying the increasingly complex subject of the international LNG business. Every serious student of this subject should read it."
- - J. Robinson West, Chairman, The Petroleum Finance Company Limited, Washington
"This comprehensive well-written book fills a long vacant gap in the LNG literature. The seven chapters, written by six leading authorities, contain a wealth of information on all aspects of a highly complex industry: from the technical elements needed to make a project work to strategic planning and contractual and financing arrangements. This extremely valuable work will be essential reading for anyone involved in the LNG industry."
- - Bernard S. Lee, President, Institute of Gas Technology; Chairman, Steering Committee, LNG 13
This unique work analyses the commercial, legal and financial aspects of the complex process of developing an international energy project for the production and marketing of liquefied natural gas (LNG). The authors, informed by their significant experience and insight into the LNG industry, describe the essential chains in the commercialisation of natural gas as LNG: entrepreneurial aspects, functional LNG facilities and a linked series of contracts and contractual relationships. The expert contributions clearly show the import and significance of the crucial dependent factors that appear and reappear in all stages of a successful LNG project.
Each activity, each facility, each contract must be understood in the context of the overall project development process. By providing an understanding of the whole, this book can inform the performance of those who have personal responsibility for only a small part of the development and implementation of an LNG project.
it is essential reading for all those involved or seeking involvement in the LNG industry, including engineers, vendors, lawyers and bankers.
- 1 LNG Themes and Variations
- 2 LNG Markets: Historical Development and Future Trends
- 3 LNG Project Feasibility
- 4 The Chain of LNG Project Contracts
- 5 The LNG Transportation Link
- 6 LNG Project Finance: Sharing Risks with Project Lenders
- 7 LNG: The Strategic Planning Issues