By Margaret Wilkie, Rosalind Malcolm & Peter Luxton
- Unlike any other book on the market, Q & A Equity and Trusts covers the new Charities Act 2005, making this the most up-to-date examination guide available
- Written by lecturers who bring their examining experience to bear, pointing out common pitfalls and providing examples of ideal answers
- Covers all topics found on law degree courses (LLM and CPE) as well as other undergraduate courses where law is an essential element, providing a stand-alone revision guide
- Each question is followed by clear commentary indicating exactly what examiners are looking for, guiding students on how to structure answers, what to include and to omit
- Bullet-pointed answer plans, further reading and diagrams of key points provide students with instant confidence
- Unlike any competitors, Q & A Equity and Trusts has a specially tailored companion web site with a glossary and web links to develop students' understanding of the subject terms.
- Deals with both essay and problem-type questions, covering the entire range of questions students will find in examinations
Examination questions in equity and trusts can seem particularly daunting to students. This book shows how to successfully tackle the sort of problems and essay questions typically found in examination papers. The authors suggest how answers should be structured, providing advice on what to include, and on what to leave out.
No matter how good your research and study skills, the ultimate test for the law student is the exam. The more preparation you have, the better equipped you will be. Blackstone's Questions and Answers Series gives students the opportunity to practise their exam techniques and evaluate and assess their progress.
Written by experienced lecturers, the series covers all the topics found on law degree courses, CPE courses, and other undergraduate courses where law is an essential element.
Each title is divided into chapters covering each major topic and contains up to 50 questions and answers. Each chapter has an introduction focusing on important points and suggestions for further reading. Each question is followed by clear commentary highlighting the essential elements of each question and indicating exactly what the examiners are looking for. This new edition also contains bullet pointed answer plans listing the main issues to be raised in each chapter, further reading at the end of every chapter, and diagrams illuminating key points to provide students with instant confidence.
Unlike any other book on the market, this fifth edition of Q & A Equity and Trusts covers the Charities Act 2005, making it the most up-to-date revision guide available.
Companion Web Site
A dedicated companion web site is provided for the Blackstone's Q & A Series, containing web links and a glossary of legal terms.
1. Introduction 2. The Nature of Equity and the Law of Trusts 3. The Three Certainties and Section 53 of the Law of Property Act 1925 4. Constitution of Trusts 5. Trusts, Powers and Discretionary Trusts 6. Charitable Trusts 7. Trusts of Imperfect Obligation 8. Implied and Resulting Trusts 9. Constructive Trusts 10. Administration of Trusts 11. Pension-fund Trusts 12. Breach of Trust 13. Equitable Doctrines 14. Equitable Remedies 15. Pick 'n' Mix Questions