Editor-in-Chief - Valerie Thean JC
General Editor - Foo Siew Fong (Head of the Family and Matrimonial Law Practice Group, Harry Elias Partnership LLP) Contributors - A team of top legal practitioners and judicial officers
Family Law practice has undergone a period of rapid and significant change recently with the establishment of the Family Justice Courts in 2014. Law and Practice of Family Law in Singapore provides a clear picture of the law and practice relating to family proceedings in the Family Court and the High Court. The book covers the entire range of family business and contains all the essential materials you need to practise in the Family Court. It provides comprehensive coverage of Family Law written by a respected and authoritative team including judicial officers. Fully updated to include the latest case law, as well as full coverage of new and amended legislation, this book is one not to be missed by practitioners of family law.
- Presents a clear and detailed account of family law, covering the fundamental principles and how the law works in practice.
- Discusses new rules for the Family Justice Courts introduced by amendments in 2015 - takes account of all the key issues faced in today's practice.
- Written by a respected and authoritative team of family law practitioners and judicial officers.
- The New Family Justice System
- Jurisdiction of the Family Court: Divorce and Dissolution
- Forum and Jurisdiction
- Ancillary Relief: The Law
- Ancillary Relief: Orders That Can Be Made
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Variation of Maintenance
- Ancillary Relief: Rules and Procedure
- Trusts and Divorce
- The Law Relating to Children
- Practice and Procedure in Relation to Children
- Other Applications Relating to Children
- Domestic Violence
- Injunctive Relief in Matrimonial Proceedings
- Legal Aid for Matrimonial and Family Proceedings
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Family Justice Courts
- Conflict of Laws in Family Issues
- Overview of Matrimonial Finance in other Jurisdictions
- Overview of Syariah Law in Family Matters