By Max Ng, Daniel Lim, Adrian Loke
Intellectual Property (2nd Ed) covers a wide and in-depth berth of all the areas of intellectual property which ranges from the different market approaches taken towards intellectual property valuation to intellectual property in the electronic environment. The book also explores the different areas of law in intellectual property such as the laws on copyright, patents, passing-off, confidence, trade marks and industrial designs.
Each chapter uses case law to emphasise and illustrate the issues of the area of law involved and supports it with relevant legislative references. It also discusses briefly the issues surrounding the international registration of trade marks, the Madrid Protocol, the Paris Convention, the Community Trade Mark and the Madrid Agreement.
A highly readable and informative text, this book should be required reading for students and educators, and also practitioners who want to keep abreast of the latest update in the area of intellectual property.
- Chapter 1: Intellectual Property law
- Chapter 2: The Value of Intellectual Property to Business
- Chapter 3: The Law of Copyright
- Chapter 4: The Law of Industrial Designs
- Chapter 5: The Law of Patents
- Chapter 6: The Law of Trade Marks
- Chapter 7: The Law of Passing Off
- Chapter 8: The Law of Confidence
- Chapter 9: Intellectual Property in the Electronic Environment
- Chapter 10: Conclusion