By Hairani Saban
Strata Living - Governance and Management - A practical guide to the Legal Dimension of the Culture, Governance & Management of Strata Properties with Specimen Documents, Forms & Precedents.
Over the decades since post-World War II the Singapore property scene has shifted from the ‘kampong' (village) culture to that of strata living where communal co-operation has become a structured pre-occupation with laws and by-laws centered around a regime of meetings, record keeping, applications and hearings. This regime is not made any simpler with the passing of the BMSMA.
Therefore, the objective of this work is not to provide comprehensive information but to introduce a manageable framework within which the strata living culture, ownership, governance and management issues are selectively highlighted. This book also highlights the legal perspective to the culture of the "Strata Village" - its structuring and roles of the stakeholders against the backdrop of recent and current development.
- 1 Strata Title: Legal Background on Land Systems, Title & Tenure
- 2 Laws, By-Laws, House Rules, Encumbrances
- 3 The Registered subsidiary Proprietors: Rights & Obligations
- 4 The Management Corporation & Managing Agents
- 5 Meetings
- 6 Record-Keeping, Notification & Documentation
- 7 En Bloc Sales
- 8 Miscellaneous Legal & Management Issues
Lists & Tables