By Tan Yi-Ling
With the continued growth of the Singapore media and entertainment industry, the fourth edition of this title not only updates the laws relevant to this industry, it expands into discussions of the practical application of these laws and regulations in the framework of managing media production. It is hoped that this enhances the primary purpose of this book in acting as a concise and practical reference guide for media students and practitioners.
- Concise and up-to-date account and discussion of the laws relating to media and entertainment in Singapore, including Internet-related issues
- New chapters providing practical perspectives of the function of law in the context of media business
- Sample media production-related template agreements for reference.
- 1. Regulation of the Media Industry
- 2. Defamation: The Causes of Action
- 3. Defamation: Defences and Remedies
- 4. Contracts: Formation and Terms
- 5. Contracts: Vitiating Factors, Discharge and Remedies for Breach of Contract
- 6. The Law of Confidence
- 7. Copyright: Scope of Protection, Nature and Duration
- 8. Copyright: Ownership, Infringement, Defences and Remedies
- 9. Rights Clearances in Media Production