By Andy Hewitt
A ready-reference on the contractual obligations of the various parties for a FIDIC construction contract.
'It is clear that there is less chance of failure to observe contract compliance using [this] book, than reliance on reading though the appropriate clauses in the contract.
A big plus is that those using the book will find answers to queries relating to contractual issues arising from the FIDIC contracts conditions in a fraction of the time it would take if it were necessary to study the full text. For those using the FIDIC forms for the first time, or infrequently, this book is a must, whilst experienced users will find it a valuable memory jogger. Whichever category the reader falls into, using this book should improve performance...
The book is ideal for engineers, quantity surveyors, contract managers and any person whose job it is to understand the workings of a FIDIC contract.'
- From the book's Foreword by Roger Knowles
The most important part of any contract is the obligations of the parties, the time frames in which the parties must perform these obligations, and the consequences of failing to meet them.
Failure to carry out obligations correctly is a serious risk and common source of contention or claims. This practical ready-reference on the contractual obligations of the various parties for a FIDIC construction contract promotes efficient administration of construction projects, prevents contention and aids an easier understanding of their obligations.
The FIDIC Contracts: Obligations of the Parties is presented in an easily-referenced format, with the obligations set out in tabular form and clear summaries for each type of contract given in separate sections for the Employer, the Contractor and the Engineer.
1. The Red Book: Conditions of Contract for Construction, for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer, First Edition 1999
2. The Pink Book: Conditions of Contract for Construction, MDB1 Harmonised Edition for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer, June 2010
3. The Red Book Subcontract: Conditions of Subcontract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer, First Edition 2011
4. The Yellow Book: Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build for Electrical and Mechanical Plant, and for Building and Engineering Works, Designed by the Contractor, First Edition 1999
5. The Silver Book: Conditions of Contract for EPC/Turnkey Projects, First Edition 1999
6. The Gold Book: Conditions of Contract for Design, Build and Operate Projects, First Edition 2008
7. The Green Book: Short form of Contract, First Edition 1999
8. The White Book: Client/Consultant Model Services Agreement, Fourth Edition 2006