By Chow Kok Fong & Chow Wen Si
The materials presented in this book are intended to serve two purposes. First, the narrative of the book presents a summary of the principles on construction adjudication. Second, the extracts of the leading decisions on the subject bring up to date the materials considered in the leading textbook written by one of the authors on the subject, Security of Payment and Construction Adjudication, 2nd Ed (LexisNexis, 2013). Readers will appreciate the materials on a number of decisions which have been delivered by the courts since the 2nd edition of that book, including W Y Steel Construction Pte Ltd v Osko Pte Ltd (2013), LH Aluminium Industries Pte Ltd v Newcon Builders Pte Ltd (2015) and most recently Eng Seng Precast Pte Ltd v SLF Construction Pte Ltd (2015).
- Commentary and principles followed by substantiation with case extracts.
- Consist of 2015 judgments and adjudications.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Payment Claim: Scope and Categories of Claims
- 3. Payment Claim: Timeline and Other Requirements
- 4. Payment Response
- 5. Adjudication Notice
- 6. Adjudication Application
- 7. Adjudication Response
- 8. Adjudication Determination
- 9. Natural Justice in Adjudication
- 10. Adjudication Review
- 11. Adminstration