Commentary by: Dr Anne Magdaline Netto, Choy Kah Kin and Prof Lam Khee Poh
NOTE: This book comes with a supplement: Supplement - Legislative Developments
This new series of handbooks presents commentaries on key statutes in Singapore in a easy-to-use format. Written by specialists in the field, the series also reproduces essential subsidiary legislation made pursuant to the Act (and on occasion other relevant materials, for example, treaties, conventions, circulars, forms).
The Singapore Building Control Handbook features the following:
- A commentary on the Building Control Act (Cap 29), 1999 Ed);
- A chart on the workflow for building plans approval and construction;
- Selected form issued by the Building and Construction Authority; and
- The Building Control Regulations.
The Building Control Act was passed in 1989 in the aftermath of the building failure of the Hotel New World in 1986. It is a unique legislation which codifies the requirements of the legislature to ensure the safety of building works in Singapore.
This is the first time a commentary has been written on the Building Control Act. The commentary provides an essential insight into the background to the legislation and as far as possible the practical application of it.
This book would be essential for Engineers, Contractors, Surveyors & Valuers, Lawyers, Property Owners or Developers, Architects, and anyone in the construction industry.
Building Control Act. Appendices:-
1. Workflow for Building Plans Approval and Construction.
2. Forms:- Request for Pre-submission Consultations; Application for Modification/Wavier of Building Regulations; Application for Withdrawal of Plans of Building Works; Notification of Appointment of Qualified Person and Project Reference Number and Title; Application for Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP)/Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC); Certificate of Supervision of Building Works; Certificate of Supervision of Lightning Protection System; Certificate of Supervision of Installation of Escalator(s)/Lift(s); Certificate of Supervision of Airconditioning/Mechanical Ventilation System(s); Declaration by Qualified Person for Application of Temporary Occupation Permit/Certification of Statutory Completion for Building Works; The Builder's Certificate of Completion of the Building Works; Application as an Accredited Checker.
3. Building Control Regulations (Cap 29, Rg 1, 2000 Ed).
Tables of Cases; Table of Statutes; Table of subsidiary Legislation; Index.