By Edwin Lee Peng Khoon
This book deals with the law relating to building contracts. It discusses the key legal principles applicable, and is extensively illustrated with decisions from court cases. It covers all major issues that are commonly encountered by those in the construction industry.
More than a hundred of new cases have been added since the last edition.
- Delays and Liquidated Damages
- Claims for payments under the Security of Payment Act
- Calls on performance bonds
- Damages for defects
- Variation claims
- Termination of contracts
Key Features :
• Handy reference to all relevant legal principles
• Accessible to lay readers with interest in construction law - developers, construction professionals, contractors etc.
• Though accessible, this book also provides a succinct introduction to construction law for lawyers, with the comprehensive footnotes providing the necessary material to those who wish to research the law further
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Formation of contract
Chapter 3 Avoidance of contract
Chapter 4 Contract terms
Chapter 5 Performance of contract
Chapter 6 Remedies for breach of contract
Chapter 7 The contract (Rights of third parties) act 2001
Chapter 8 Certificates
Chapter 9 Security of Payment
Chapter 10 Extension of time
Chapter 11 Delay and liquidated damages
Chapter 12 Variations
Chapter 13 Sub-contracts
Chapter 14 Performance bonds
Chapter 15 Completion
Chapter 16 Defects and defects liability period
Chapter 17 Tort of negligence and breach of statutory duty
NOTE: The first two editions were published with Acumen Publishing.