By Carrie Chan (Contributor) , Constance Tay (Contributor) , Laura Lau (Contributor) , Lorraine Ho(Contributor) , Lynette Yap (Contributor) , Ong Chin Rhu (Contributor) , Sandra Looi (Contributor), Wong Peck (Contributor)
This book sets out the important principles for the various types of losses and the amounts of damages awarded for them where injury or death has occurred.
As with the first and second editions, the third edition sets out the important principles for the various types of losses and the amounts of damages awarded for them where injury or death has occurred.
The third edition is an updated collection of awards made by the Supreme Court and the State Courts. Substantial developments in the law are explored and covered in considerable detail in this third edition.
Some of these seminal new cases include:
• AOD v AOR  1 SLR 217 (measure of damages for personal injury claims)
• Lai Wai Keong Eugene v Loo Wei Yen  3 SLR 702 (comparative approach appropriate to determine the multiplier)
• Lee Wei Kong v Ng Siok Tong  2 SLR 85 (capacity to work destroyed thus award on the basis of loss of earning capacity is inadequate and award should for loss of future earnings)
• Koh Chai Kwang v Teo Ai Ling  3 SLR 610 (loss of earning capacity and loss of future earning are distinct and not alternate measures) Key Features
• Sets out the general principles relating to assessment of damages
• Includes tables of awards made in the Supreme Court and State Courts
• Fully updated content including legislative changes and latest case law developments
• Contributors consist of an esteemed panel of State Courts Judges