A Practical Guide to Company Secretarial Obligations in Singapore (2017)
By Abdul Jabbar bin Karam Din & Lu Ling Ling
A Practical Guide to Company Secretarial Obligations in Singapore provides a clear and concise explanation of the laws and issues affecting corporate secretarial practice. It will be a great help to both new company secretaries as well as senior company secretaries and those in a compliance role to understand and apply the requirements of a company and securities laws in fulfilling their obligations to their company and its offices.
The book follows a well-thought out structure, presenting content in the way readers would like - comprehensive commentary on main topics, detailed guide on how to conduct the duties of corporate secretaries, followed by case studies to aid understanding and application. Written by leading experts on company secretarial work, this book incorporates the latest amendments to the Companies Act (Cap 50) as at 14 September 2016.
References to the Securities and Futures Act, SGX Listing Rules and other related Acts are included in the relevant sub-topics.
Company secretaries, company directors and professionals in corporate secretarial services will find this go-to manual an efficient resource in their everyday work.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Include all the relevant and latest provisions relating to amendments to theCompanies Act. Other relevant company law provisions, case law and other important information, including the Securities and Futures Act, SGX Listing Rules, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and the Code of Corporate Governance are referred to, as well.
- Describes and explains the company secretarial practices involved in executing the law.
- Directors will benefit as they know what their responsibilities are, the extent and limitations of their powers and their liabilities for failure to comply/act accordingly.
- A reliable reference for both experienced company secretaries as well as new company secretaries to quickly acquire a solid understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- A one-stop, practical guide to company secretarial practice in Singapore
- Contains guidelines, procedures and case references on the vital issues pertaining to the interpretation of company law by the courts.
- 1. An overview of companies
- 2. Incorporation
- 3. Company's constitution
- 4. Company's shares
- 5. Officers of the company
- 6. Duties and liabilities of directors and company secretary
- 7. Company registers
- 8. Shareholders and meetings
- 9. Minority protection
- 10. Accounts and audit
- 11. Borrowing and receivership
- 12. Winding up
- 13. Regulatory obligations of listed companies
- 14. Take-overs and amalgamations
- 15. Corporate restructuring