By Michael D Miller
The only book devoted to drawing together and analysing in depth the insurance of commercial shipping against war risks
- Marine War Risks, 3rd Edition provides an update to the 2nd edition, published ten years ago, making this an essential purchase for ship and container owners, ship and insurance brokers, underwriters and marine mutual associations, lawyers and barristers
- Use this book to prepare business strategies which can protect ships, their crews cargoes and containers, against the financial consequences of the ravages of war, piracy, wrongful seizure, terrorism and all the other insured peril which come within the term "War Risks"
- The authority on marine war risks - turned to by legal and marine insurance professionals world-wide
- Fully supported by extensive case references and appendices of key forms
Provides expert advise.
The author, Michael Miller has fourteen years extensive experience as partner in charge of War Risks Business at Thomas R Miller and Son and is currently the technical advisor to the Planning Board for Ocean Shipping (NATO body) since 1970.
- 1. The History of The War Risk Policy
- 2. The Underwriters
- 3. The Premiums
- 4. Cancellation and Automatic Termination of Cover Clause
- 5. The Insured Perils - Some Preliminary Remarks
- 6. War
- 7. Civil War
- 8. Revolution, Rebellion, Insurrection ...
- 9. ... Or Civil strife Arising Therefrom ...
- 10. ... Or any Hostile Act By or Against A Belligerent Power
- 11. Capture
- 12. Seizure
- 13. Arrest, Restraint, Detainment ...
- 14. ... and The Consequences Thereof or Any Attempt Thereat
- 15. Mines, Torpedoes, Bombs and Weapons of War
- 16. Strikers, Locked-Out Workmen or Persons Taking Part in Labour Disturbances, Riots or Civil Commotions
- 17. Riots, Civil Commotions
- 18. Any Terrorist ...
- 19. ... or Any Person Acting Maliciously or From a Political Motive
- 20. Piracy
- 21. Confiscation and Expropriation
- 22. Freight
- 23. Additional Insurance Given By The Mutual War Risks Assotications
- 24. Sue and Labour
- 25. Ordinary Judicial Process
- 26. The Marine Insurance Act 1906
- 27. Total Loss and Partial Loss - Notice of Abandonment
- 28. Held Covered
- 29. Wilful Misconduct
- 30. The Proximate Cause
- 31. Unsafe Ports and Places - Cases Concerning War or Hostilities
- 32. Ships and Freight
- 33. Cargo
- 34. Cargo War and Strikes Clauses - Post 1st January, 1982
- 35. Special Cargo Insurances
- 36. Cargo - Comments on The Insured Perils and The Exclusions
- 37. Containers - Insurance by London Market
- 38. Containers War and Strikes Clauses - Post 1st January, 1987
- 39. Containers - Insurance on Mutual Terms
- 40. Consequences of Hostilities and Warlike Operations
- 41. War Risk Insurance in Time of War